Operations & Communications Coordinator
Reports to Executive Director
Full time position
Founded in 1963, the Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC) is Denver’s largest and most established nonprofit organization dedicated to the art of photography. Each year, we present up to 10 exhibitions, offer 50+ classes and workshops, and host dozens of events to support Colorado’s photography community and inspire the public. We are a growing organization with an exciting future, and we’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented and positive self-starter to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS (include but are not limited to):
- Sits at front desk and greet gallery visitors, answer phones and respond to email correspondence from the public
- Open and close gallery while ensuring the space is well maintained and presentable
- Assist with fundraising events, promotion and event registration
- Coordinate the membership program – including membership drives, sending out membership letters and renewals, processing new memberships, and reporting
- Assist with VIP member events and exhibition event programming
- Prepare exhibition materials including labels, wall text/vinyl, caption sheets, coordinate juried show artist agreements, and shipping of work
- Schedule and manage volunteer and intern program
- Update CPAC’s donor database, create mailing lists, and assist with grant data
- Help coordinate events in the gallery, off-site, and darkroom/digital lab rentals
- Track gallery attendance, and collect zip codes at events
- Assist Education and Programs Manager with student registration, fee processing, etc.
- Refine office procedures inventory/purchase office supplies
- Process donations and thank you letters in a timely manner
- Manage and create content for CPAC’s social media accounts; draft posts, coordinate calendar
- Assist in creation of CPAC communications, including, website updates, mailings, exhibition show cards, and creation of emails and monthly e-newsletter
- Post exhibition information to online event listings
- Assist with creation of exhibition webpages working with the Director of Marketing and Communications
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Attend weekend and evening events as needed
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1 year of administrative experience; arts and or nonprofit administration a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow, set goals for completion of tasks, and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Mail Merge); working knowledge of Adobe CS, WordPress, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, and Database/CRMs preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (grammar/spelling); organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving
- Professional, collaborative personality; phone etiquette a must
- Previous experience in gallery operations and/or administrative skills, interest in contemporary photography a plus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary $32,000-$35,000, Full time, 40 hours/week, Tuesday-Saturday; evenings and weekends as needed
Benefits include health insurance, 401K, 10 days of paid vacation and the following paid holidays: New Year’s Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Job start is February/March 2020
The deadline to apply for this position is February 5, 2020. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to [email protected] with Operations & Communications Coordinator Application in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
MISSION & LOCATION
CPAC is dedicated to fostering the understanding and appreciation of excellent photography through exhibitions, education, and community outreach. CPAC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving as a resource to its members and the community with programs that have regional and national impact. CPAC is located at 1070 Bannock Street in the Golden Triangle Arts District of Denver. Learn more at cpacphoto.org.
CPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity and strives to be an inclusive organization. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic, disability, or age.