08 Nov Master Image Editing using Lightroom Classic | January
Master Image Editing using Lightroom Classic
Date | Saturday, January 20, 2024
Time | 9 AM – 4 PM
Location | Colorado Photographic Arts Center
1200 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO, 80203
Cost | $210 Member and $230 Non-member
Instructor | Frank Varney
Skill Level | All skill levels welcome
In this workshop, students will have a guided, hands-on learning experience using Lightroom Classic to edit their photographic work.
In the first half of the workshop, instructor Frank Varney will demonstrate editing in Lightroom Classic using 2-3 image files from each student. During this time, the why and how of the editing process will be discussed, with questions encouraged.
All aspects of the Lightroom Classic image editing process will be covered and all genres of photography are supported. The editing techniques discussed are primarily oriented toward students developing a personal artistic style, with the goal of producing image files for personal or professional use (including exhibition printing, book publishing, social media, and client delivery). Using Lightroom Classic in tandem with Photoshop will be demonstrated.
In the second half of the class, you will be able to edit your own files using the skills you have just acquired, with instructor guidance and suggestions.
- Identifying what needs to be adjusted in your photograph and developing an editing plan
- When to use Global and Local adjustments
- Developing a personal color style
- Using the correct Lightroom Classic editing tool
- Editing for reproduction requirements and artistic intent
- Understanding Noise Reduction and Image Sharpening
- Importing and Exporting files
- Laptop or desktop computer/monitor
- External drive or image files ready to edit
- Students will please need to provide three RAW format image files to the instructor one week prior to class