EVENT RENTAL GUIDELINES
Prices start at $1,200 with a four hour minimum for the event, this includes setup and cleanup time. Each additional hour is $75. This does not include cleaning fees. The security deposit is $500. A Colorado Photographic Arts Center staff member will be present during all events. Breakdown and cleanup are the responsibility of the Facility User.
Please note that due to facility needs and the revolving nature of exhibitions, CPAC cannot guarantee the rented space will have the same appearance as when originally viewed.
• Rental Fee | The total Rental Fee is due in full no later than 14 days prior to the event date, unless the contract is completed closer to the usage.
• Cancellation/Refund | If cancellation by either party is more than 45 days before the scheduled use of the facilities 100% all paid amounts will be refunded. If Facility User cancels 15-45 days prior to the event then 50% all paid amounts will be refunded. If Facility User cancels less than 15 days prior to the event, all amounts paid are forfeited.
SET UP, CLEAN UP, CATERERS, DECORATIONS & RENTED EQUIPMENT
• Set Up | Access to the facilities for setting up, including Caterer’s set up will be during the hours stated on the agreement only. Facility User is responsible for all set up and break down, including stacking of all tables and chairs used during the event.
• Clean Up | All rented areas must be left in as good of condition and repair as found at the beginning of the rental period. All food, beverages, equipment and rented supplies must be removed from the premises immediately after each use of the facilities and no later than 25 minutes after the time stated in the contract; otherwise Facility User will be charged $100 for the additional time in 1/2 hour increments. All trash must be removed and placed in the appropriate dumpster. All spillage must be taken care of immediately.
• Rented Equipment | All rented equipment and supplies must be delivered the day of the event during the hours specified on the agreement and picked up before 10 AM the following business morning, unless special arrangements have been prearranged.
• Decorations | Except with prior written consent by CPAC, Facility User shall not cause or permit the facilities to be injured, marred, or in any manner defaced or changed. This includes the use of nails, hooks, tacks, screws or other fasteners into any part of the facilities. No items that are difficult to pick up are allowed at CPAC such as rice, glitter, beads, birdseed, confetti, flower petals, silly string, etc. The following items are strictly prohibited: open flame, pets, smoke, fog machine, pyrotechnic equipment and bubbles. Decorations outside are feasible, so long as there is no damage to the exterior or harm the trees, plants, or anything else that affects the appearance of the outside. All tables, chairs, equipment and decorations must be 12 inches away from all walls, and all artwork at all times. There must be 4 feet of walk space between the walls and tables, chairs, etc.
• Caterers | Caterers must have proper licenses and liability insurance coverage. Caterers are subject to the same terms and conditions as the Facility User who hires them. All caterers must be approved by CPAC.
• Alcohol | Alcoholic beverages may be served in the facilities so long as the Facility User’s event is an Invitation Only/Private Party and the alcohol is not being sold. In addition to alcohol, no sales of any kind are to take place during the event. The Facility User must also maintain a list of invited guests. If the event is open to the public, then the Facility User must have his/her own liquor license and must present a copy to CPAC prior to the event. Special Events Permits require a minimum of 30 days to process. No one under the legal age of 21 may be served alcohol. The Facility User is solely responsible for monitoring all guests, public or private, for excess consumption as required by the State of Colorado and the City of Denver statutes regulating alcohol, in addition to monitoring all guests to ensure that they remain on the CPAC property for the duration of the event. CPAC does not condone the irresponsible use of alcoholic beverages.
• Food and Beverage | Food and Beverages are permitted in event areas. All beverages and food must be kept at a distance of 3 feet from images on the wall or other artwork. All spills must be cleaned immediately to avoid damage to floor and sub floor. If food or beverage comes into contact with a print, Facility User must contact the CPAC representative immediately.
DESTRUCTION AND DAMAGE
Facility User is responsible for any damages to the facilities or artwork during the rental period. Facility Users are not responsible for weather damages or damages that are out of the Facility Users control.
No smoking of any substance is permitted in any part of CPAC’s facilities.
Any use of CPAC’s facilities will comply with all statutes, ordinances, rules, regulations issued by Federal, State and municipal governments, including all rules of the City of Denver Police and Fire Departments and the Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Due to Fire Department regulations, all doors must be unlocked at the time of the event and there may not be any more than 149 people in the Main Gallery at one time.
Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC) staff are not responsible for any damage or theft of personal belongings, photography or computer equipment.
Colorado Photographic Arts Center is not liable for injury or accident resulting from using our facilities.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND CONDUCT GUIDELINES
Colorado Photographic Arts Center adheres to strict observation of non-discrimination in all aspects of our organization. We do not discriminate. Improper, illegal, or rude behavior may result in dismissal from the property and legal actions.