10 May Getting Started with Lightroom | October
Getting Started with Lightroom
Date | Sunday October 14, 2018
Time | 10AM – 5PM
Location | Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC)
1070 Bannock St., Denver, CO 80204
Cost | $210 Non-Member $189 Members
Instructor | Frank Varney
Skill Level | Beginning – no previous Lightroom experience required
This is a beginning workshop for the person who has never used Adobe Lightroom software or the individual, who is having difficulties with the program, and would like to have an experienced guide walk them through the startup process and thoroughly
explain Lightroom’s features and tools.
The workshop begins with an explanation of how Lightroom works, with an eye towards teaching you best practices for managing and organizing your catalog of photographs for a stable trouble free workflow. Also discussed is how to refine and visually perfect
your photographs, and backup and archive your catalog to prevent image loss. This workshop is lead by an experience photographer and educational professional who has taught hundreds of people to use the program successfully, since it was introduced in 2007.
Please note this workshop is for users of Adobe Lightroom Classic not the cloud based Lightroom CC, which is a separate course to be offered in the future.
- Creating and managing your first catalog
- Where to keep your catalog and image files
- Understanding image previews, image links, and the import process
- How to Export files
- Managing your catalog for a stable consistent workflow
- Introduction to the Develop Module
- Backing up your work
- Laptop Computer with Password
- Current Version of Lightroom Classic
- External Hard Drive (Optional)