13 Nov Organizing, Sequencing, and Presenting Your Portfolio | March
Organizing, Sequencing, and Presenting Your Portfolio
Date | Sunday March 14, 2021
Time | 10AM – 5:45PM – you will select your 1 hour meeting time at registration
Location | Colorado Photographic Arts Center (CPAC)
1070 Bannock St., Denver, CO 80204
Cost | $66 Non-Member $60 Members
Instructor | Frank Varney
Skill Level | All levels
A great photographic portfolio is like a well-edited film that flows flawlessly from one scene to the next while telling a compelling story. This workshop is designed to help you develop a powerful photographic presentation while clarifying your style and career direction. Limited to 6 people, each photographer will get an hour of personalized one-on-one instruction on organizing, and sequencing their portfolio.
While this workshop is primarily intended for newer photographers developing a portfolio, the information presented is valuable for all experience levels and areas of photographic interest including fine art, editorial, and commercial. Your final portfolio may be in a digital format, however working with physical prints is an essential part of the process of sequencing your portfolio. Attendees are asked to complete a professional direction questionnaire prior to the workshop. The instructor has advised hundreds of photographers with many positive career successes. Students will receive a PDF handout on portfolio editing and sequencing techniques for future reference.
- Identifying your best work
- Telling a compelling story
- What you show is what you get
- The value of personal work
- Making your portfolio flow: sequences, transitions, and pacing
- What to say when presenting your work
- A collection of your best work in print form. Small low cost machine prints are fine for this exercise. Further information supplied upon request.
- Pen and paper for notetaking