22 Jun Online | Photoshop for Photographers | November-December
Online | Photoshop for Photographers | November-December
Date | Tuesdays, November 7, 14 & 28*, December 5 & 12, 2023
(*No class Thanksgiving week)
Time | 5:30 PM – 8 PM MST
Location | ONLINE
Cost | $429 Non-Members | $390 Members
Instructor | Kia Neill
Skill Level | Beginner & Intermediate
In-depth introduction to Photoshop tools and techniques for photographers.
This workshop is suited to those totally new to Photoshop as well as though who have dabbled just a bit. We’ll start with navigating the workspace and dive into tools, adjustment layers, masking, selection tools, workflow and best practices. The goal of this class is to help students get started in this powerful yet intimidating software, and establish foundational skills to learn and explore the potential of using Photoshop as a tool within their own photographic practice. Optional weekly homework assignments will be given to help with understanding and skill development. This class series will take place on Zoom and will be recorded for students to refer back to. The instructor will email students a Google Drive link of class files to be downloaded prior to class.
- Intro to the Photoshop workspace and workflow
- Cropping and extending the image area
- Removing minor distractions in background and subject
- Isolated color, tonal and b&w image adjustments
- Camera RAW filters and HDR (high-dynamic range) hacks
- Adobe Photoshop
- Note-taking materials
- A second device/monitor is highly recommended-one for working in Photoshop, and one for viewing class
- Prior to class, students will receive a Google drive link of files for download
- Zoom account (free) for access to class*
*CPAC will update online course links prior to start date. To participate in an online course, students will need access to a desktop, laptop, or tablet with an internet connection. Please email email@example.com.