16 Mar June | TEEN Workshop: Cyanotype Summer Sun
TEEN Workshop: Cyanotype in the Summer Sun
Date | Tuesday & Thursday, June 13 & 15, 2023
Time | Tuesday – Thursday 10 AM – 4PM
Location | Colorado Photographic Arts Center
1200 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO, 80203
Cost | $130
Instructor | Dona Laurita
Ages | 11-17
In this 2-day workshop, students will explore creative possibilities of basic cyanotype print-making to create beautiful and unique prints using the power of the sun.
Designed for all ages/experience levels. Photographic techniques and history will be shared. The combination of hands-on assemblage of materials/objects, sunlight exposure, and the creation of beautifully finished pieces all contribute to this creatively interesting workshop.
Students are encouraged to bring personal objects with interesting silhouettes or various degrees of opacity to make prints. If students have digital images to print through cyanotype contact printing, the images will need to be received prior to class to be made into digital negatives.
- How cyanotype fits into early photographic history/techniques
- Creating images without a camera utilizing the sun
- Chemistry and coating of paper
- Learning basic assemblage/contact printing
- Preparing finished work
- Personal or interesting objects with strong silhouettes for contact printing
- Comfortable walking shoes