04 Apr Teen Workshops Scholarship
Each summer, CPAC offers workshops designed exclusively for teens interested in learning more about photography. Led by highly qualified instructors with decades of teaching experience, these courses provide a solid foundation in film and digital photography, with courses in darkroom technique, portraiture, lighting and more. This scholarship program is meant to expand access to low income teens, particularly those with a passion for photography. At this time our program is only able to grant partial scholarships.
The workshops run from mid-June to mid-August and are one week in length.
Visit our current workshop listings
2019 application is now open. Please fill out the application in the link below. Deadline to May 30, 2019 at 3pm.
The following items must be submitted with the application in order to be considered:
- Completed application form (the one provided in the link above)
- A letter of recommendation from a current art teacher for the student
- 250 word essay written by the student as to why they would like to participate
- Which workshop the student would like to participate in, please give 3 workshop choices as your first choice may be filled
- Email completed application with attachments to [email protected] Subject line: Teen Scholarship Application
- CPAC reserves the right to determine which courses and workshops are available for subsidized tuition.
- Scholarships may not be used towards any cost except tuition. Scholarships are not cash awards; they are applied as a discounted rate towards a class. As such, scholarship applicants who want to ensure that they secure a space in a particular course, regardless if they receive a scholarship towards that class, should pay the 20% deposit for tuition – please call CPAC to accomplish this; refunds will not be provided to students who pay the full tuition and are subsequently awarded a scholarship. CPAC cannot award scholarships to applicants who have paid the full tuition for a course prior to or at the time of applying for the scholarship, or prior to receiving notification regarding a scholarship award for that course.
- “Partial tuition scholarship” means that CPAC will subsidize up to the awarded scholarship amount for one course during the year for which you apply.
- Scholarships do not include materials or any required fees for the course/workshop. Students are responsible for providing their own equipment, materials, and books as required by the course.
- Students are responsible for payment of any remaining tuition balance not covered by scholarship funds in accordance with our registration and payment policies.
- Scholarship funds are valid only for the year they are awarded; scholarships cannot be applied towards future years.
- All attendance and withdrawal policies apply and no credit will be awarded for incomplete courses due to withdrawal.
- Tax returns and W-2’s will be shredded at the start of the term and therefore must be resubmitted with each new application.